Remember me:
Register

Back to forum: Nintendo 3DS Game Reviews

1 Users appreciate this thread.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon Review
Started by Nin10dude789
(2013-04-30 11:02:39)
Nin10dude789 (2013-04-30 11:02:39)
''These somethin' stange, in the neighborhood, who'd are you gonna call? GHOSTBUSTERS!''

Luigi's 3rd game staring himself and sequel to the original Luigi's Mansion on GameCube. In this review, you'll see how LMDM is fun, scary, frustrating, and epic. So read along... If you dare.

STORY
One night at Professor E. Gadd's laboratory, he's found busy doing on a paranormal research. Meanwhile outside, King Boo comes and destroys the Dark Moon. If you don't know what's the Dark Moon, its a crystal shaped like a moon (duh) that makes the ghost friendly, and playful. But since King Boo destroyed it, the ghost goes wild and are being controlled by King Boo. They started to destroy the laboratory, but lucky, he managed to escape. Then he calls Luigi for help.

The story is pretty cool and exciting. So overall, epic story.

GAMEPLAY
The game has simple controls. However, the game starts easy, as you progress the game, it gets harder and harder. Till its so hard, you'll have to suffer a huge wave of ghosts. Then mansions have puzzle solving action. Some are easy to solve, but some will get you frustrated, and you won't be able to get it. The game is very interactive. Luigi reacts differently depending on the mansion. The game itself is not scary at all, but its charming. Luigi gets scared all the time, so be aware of that. Then the most annoying thing about it is that the professor will call you every time, like if he was Luigi's boyfriend. Then toads will yells like crazy all the time. It gets annoying very fast. Then if you die, you'll have to start the mission all over again. Theres no checkpoints in this game. So if you die at the last minute of the mission, you have to start all over again. That gets frustrating. But overall, gameplay is awesome.

VISUALS
The graphics in this game is better than I expected. Very detailed, and smooth. The Lighting is very amazing as well, making the mood of the environment. The flashlight will light up dark rooms, making the game more serious, and frightening. The 3D makes the game more detailed, you can see every detail of the room. Overall, amazing graphics. Maybe its slightly better than the original, but its still passable.

MUSIC & SOUND
The music in the game is somewhat suspense, and it fits in the environment. Its also very awesome, and memorable. The sound effects is very loud (especially Luigi) and clear. The professor's voice is the wierdest voice I've ever heard so far. Its really cool, actually. The ghosts sounds wierd as we'll, and creepy. But overall, great amount of music and sound.

CONTENT
This game has alot of content. First, the main game has about 5 mansions, each mansion has 5 missions (except for one mansion) and a boss battle. Missions has multiple objectives to complete the mission. Then comes the game's multiplayer mode called the ScareScraper. The mode's main objective is players up to 3 friends to cooperate and advance to the next floor. The mode has 3 modes and a secret one. I'll explain every mode:

Hunter:
In this mode, players have to explore the floor and hunt for ghosts. When all ghosts are captured, you'll advance to the next floor.

Pulterpup:
In this mode, you'll be dog hunting! You must use the Dark Light device (a special light that can see invisible illusions) to find the dog's trail. There's up to 3 dogs to find, so you'll need to explore the floor.

Rush:
In this mode, you'll need to capture ghosts as fast as you can in a time limit. Every ghost you catch will increase time. If time runs out, you'll lose the game.

Red Coin Bonus:
At the end of every floor and all modes, you'll go into Red Coin bonus. You have to get 4 red coins in a time limit. If you get all coins, you'll get a prize!

The secret.. Well, you have to figure it out. No spoilers.

Then finally, the game is compatible of local play, download play, and online multiplayer.
The game has a great amount of content.

REPLAY
The game has great amount of replay value. First, you have the ScareScraper. Then the main game has collectables, and high score ranking. In every mission, you'll get ranked depending on how fast you finish the mission, numbers of ghosts captured, and the amount of money you collect. The highest ranking is 3 stars, so try to get 3 stars in every mission! Then you have to collect boos. Every mission has a boo hidden, so you'll have to find them all. Then there are gems to collect as well in every mansion. If you collect all gems, something neat will happen!

So overall, great amount of replay!

CONCLUSION
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is a fun, charming, and challenging. You'll enjoy this game for couple of weeks.

Great Replay
Great content
Awesome multiplayer

Lack of checkpoints
Annoying sometimes

SCORE

Thanks for your time reading this review! Have fun, and happy gaiming!

This post has been edited one or more times, the last time was:
2013-05-02 16:17:23

3DS
FC: 2810-1347-6074
Games I can play: Smash 3DS, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Mario Kart 7, Street Fighter 4, Mario Golf, Tekken

Wii U
NNID: Nintendude789
Games I can play: Smash Wii U, Mario Kart 8
Nin10dude789 (2013-04-30 11:08:08)
And also, don't download this game. It kills your SD. Its about 7000 blocks. Its a huge game. I had to download it since they ran out of physical copies. -p
3DS
Games I can play: Smash 3DS, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Mario Kart 7, Street Fighter 4, Mario Golf, Tekken

Wii U
pikarceus (2013-05-01 09:04:48)
7,000 blocks isn't that much. It's not even 1 gigabyte.

Anyway, I have better games to play than this.

Nin10dude789 (2013-05-01 11:26:44)
^thanks for the support
3DS

Wii U
Ron1212 (2013-05-02 06:04:04)
Lol
Yo yo yo RON1212 IN THE HOUSE KSKDVICHSJSJEJSJSJKS REKT
Nin10dude789 (2013-05-02 09:18:01)
Pictures added!
3DS

Wii U
THaT1GuY9001 (2013-05-02 09:33:09)
Now a qualifying review. Moving to 3DS Reviews shortly.
Nin10dude789 (2013-05-02 10:17:56)
^Thank you!!
3DS

Wii U
THaT1GuY9001 (2013-05-02 10:26:54)
Yerp. If reviews are up to calibur, I'm moving them to the according review forum.
Ron1212 (2013-05-09 08:43:58)
Ron1212 (2013-03-16 17:29:16)
"OK then, I'm definetely calling out Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. I've played the original game, so you should be seeing some comparing there.

This review will be more elaborate than my previous ones."

Whatever though. You can review anything I call out for, EXCEPT Zelda U.
Ron1212 (2013-05-09 08:45:03)
I sound like a snob....but really you didn't know so it's OK....
Carmilla (2013-07-07 03:06:38)
Game Informer said Professor E. Gadd sounds like an Ewok
smoke weed
SuperShadic76 (2013-08-11 01:43:06)
Nice review might get it sounds fun looks fun maybe an 9.0.
Hey im on ROBLOX add me!Its manicalgogetassj4!Im cool with swag!

Also check out my EPIC profile!

jaxcat3 (2015-01-06 07:02:29)
^
Try to collect all boos, gems, and get the 3 stars in every area!

sand

This topic's ID: 45427

Back to forum: Nintendo 3DS Game Reviews

Total registered users: 7667
New registered users today: 0
Newest registered user: Database

©  Copyright 2018 3DSPlaza. All Rights Reserved